If you are looking for some easy backlinks for SEO purposes and targeted traffic for your blog, we have a couple of quick tips for you that will turn you into a blogging rock and roll star in no time at all.
Head to Yahoo Answers and look for questions that people have asked that relate to the topic of your blog. People are digging for answers, and who better to provide the solution than you? To get a good feel of how to provide a good answer, take a look at “Best Answers” for your niche market. Best Answers will also give you ideas on what to write about in your blog. Whenever you can solve people’s problems, traffic and customer’s are sure to follow.
Google Trends helps you identify what is a hot topic in your market right now. With Google Trends, you can identify what keywords to write about today. Of course, you can also identify what topics or keywords are losing popularity as well. Once again, by writing about current and relevant topics, readers will come.
Google Wonder Wheel
The Google Wonder Wheel is great for when you are wondering what to write about. (I couldn’t resist saying that). The Google Wonder Wheel is a nice free keyword research tool that is now accessible in the left hand margin of their search results page. This tool will help you drill down into very small segments of your market which will help you target long tail phrases, and we all know that the money is in the long tail. They don’t call it mining the long tail for nothing. The results that the Google Wonder Wheel shows are based on user searches. So, you will have near perfect insight into what your audience is looking for.
SEO for Firefox
This next tactic is a bit more time consuming but very effective nonetheless. Here are the steps.
- Install the SEO for Firefox Plugin and enable it
- Run a search for a keyword in your market -> then, select show options -> finally, select blogs from the categories button.
- Next, select the “100” option
- Now, you will need to export the results in a CSV file to you hard drive. To export the CSV file, click the export button that is just under search box.
- Now the valuable information that we are looking for is in the Y! Page Links column. This is letting you know the number of backlinks. At this point, I would sort the data based on the Y! Page Links in order from largest to the smallest.
- The final step is deciding what to write about. Take a look at the posts that interest you, get your creative juices flowing and blog to your hearts content.